Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Thursday, November 11, 2010

All this love in the air is making me dizzy... or maybe its just the manure?

I don't know anything about the country. I grew up near the country. Ive driven through the country. I've heard stories from people who live in the country. I however, mostly have tried to avoid anything involving cows, fresh clean air, or mud.

Falling in love with Mr. Oliver Douglas changed all of that. The man of my dreams is a country boy of the rarest variety. A tattooed, opinionated, loving, musician who is 15 years my senior. He is in love with his life in the country and wanted me to share it with him. I could have said no. I could have stayed right where I was in my apartment in the city with my shoecollection, within walking distance of delicious Indian food, and live music.

But we all do silly things for love right?

So here I am. Smack dab in the middle of nowhere.

Me and Oliver with our mixed family of 4 boys(A-11, JD-10, C-5, and JR-2), 2 dogs and 2 cats. 14 acres and a 3 bedroom house is what we call home.

I have touched things that give me the willies. I have smelled things that made me downright nauseous. I have heard things that I cant discern in the dark of the woods, or even worse yet Ive heard nothing at all.



So there it is. I'm going to learn to slow down and enjoy a simpler life surrounded by my family. These are my adventures. There might be tears. There will probably be fits of hysteria even. You lucky people get to witness the entire mess.

2 comments:

love your blog!
 
Thanks Sarah. Ive really been enjoying yours also!
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...