Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Irrational Fear #11



HO-LY SHIT KIDS!

I found out last night that I am very irrationally afraid of bats. In the house bats.

We had a bat interupt our netflix time late last night. I did some screaching and hiding under the blanket while Oliver took off to catch the bat.
His commentary like "Its SO FAST!" and "It just keeps flying at my FACE!" didnt help my anxiety much.

Here comes the Irrational part...

He cornered it once it flew into the basement. All of the sudden I hear that little noise bats make... you know the one, and I yell "OH MY GAWD I CAN HEAR IT!!" Followed by me diving back under the blanket.
Oliver yells from the other room to tell me he had it in a towel and he was going to bring it in to show to me. I know he was joking, I could hear him opening the back door. Logically I know hes joking, I can hear it in his voice.

I wasnt feeling very logical though.

I started sobbing.

"Really? Sobbing?" you might ask because you and I both know thats overreaction at its finest.

And to you I say, Yes sobbing. I was shook up for a good 15 minutes after the bat left.

You know how the old saying goes, "You learn a new irrational fears everyday".... or something like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...