Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Fires

Oliver is a big fan of the winter fire. He knows fires make me happy because being warm makes me happy.
Hes a peach.
So this winter fire business... since we were informed that a fire in the woodstove would likely cause the house to burn to the ground, Oliver suggested that after the kids go to bed he goes outside to the fire pit and builds me a HUGE fire. I thought this sounded fantastic!
Then the news came on.
The windchill is 6.
6 degrees.
Thats in Fahrenheit.
Ouch.

Im still going to give it a try. Whats the worst that could happen? I dont enjoy it and go back inside and what? Waste 6 pieces of the wood we spent a month splitting and stacking to go in the woodstove? I wont feel to bad about it.

In other news, We had a rough start to the day just because me and the cold get along so poorly. I knew how cold it would be outside this morning and that immediately sent my mood downhill. When we got to school I got stuck on the icy hill outside the school. Two good Samaritans had to push me up the hill. It was not cool. I called Oliver.
"You should probably put down some kitty litter or something for traction."

"*blink**blink* Did you put litter in the trunk because I didnt?"

"Oh.... well.... no I didnt but.... hmmm"

God love him.

C found mine and Olivers Antlers he bought us today and wanted to take a picture. Im so unenthused with them that Oliver is now calling me "Scrooge McDuck" or something.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...