Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Grown-Ups only weekend! Ok we're actually just playing video games too

Every other weekend Oliver and I have a child-free weekend while all 4 boys are off visiting their other parent. Our scheduals are completely wonky at first glance but when you look a little harder you'll notice that we have time with just my boys, time with just his boys, all 6 of us together, and then some time for just Oliver and I. Every 2 weeks its a constant rotation. Really as far as custody issues go, I think it works out great. We are still trying to locate someone who will also take the dogs and cats away for the weekend too.
For the last month every single weekend has been us constantly running around. We have had all kinds of plans and places to be and it had just gotten ridiculous.

I declared this "Do Not Disturb" weekend.

A and JD left this morning for school and we wont see them again until Monday, C and JR will return to the house on Sunday. That mean from 8am today untill 6pm on Sunday we are doing nothing. Or rather, we're doing whatever we want and doing it in our own time. Mostly I think Oliver wants to stock up on food and beer and spend the weekend relaxing by the fire. I have some things I would like to do.... if I get around to it. Mainly taking the dogs to the beach for a run(them, not me. I dont run) and perhaps putting away laundry.

I might even look around to see if there is any decent live music around which is never an easy task. We live in a town with less than a thousand year round residents and this is the off season. Its not a very happenin place these days but one can always hold out hope.

And with that, my Do Not Disturb weekend starts. Ive been trying to decide how much personal information to devulge in this blog. Seems like the general viewing public would have an easier time understanding, and I would have an easier time writting if you all knew where we live.

I'll sleep on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...