Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Did I just move into a gang war?

I thought I got away from the sound of gun fire when I left the city.
Wrong.
Hunting season is opening!
Oliver is explaining hunting to me. Well the finer details anyways, like when which seasons start, and how to not accidently get shot mostly. These are things that would have been good to know BEFORE I went tromping through the woods yesterday to explore(I found trees).
I've made Oliver promise me that there will never be any dead deer hanging upside down in our yard ever. EVER. He looked uneasy but he promised.

Everyone has comfort boundries. Mine are somewhere just before dead animals strung from trees.

1 comments:

Thirteen years ago, I moved from Phoenix to live with my then-fiance in Iowa! What a culture shock! I truly did end up loving it there. We lived there for six years together before moving to Colorado. Yes, I remember the hunting gunfire. We would get pissed if it was too close to our property. Dangerous stuff!
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...