Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Shopper Extraordinaire

Have I mentioned lately that Oliver is the man of my dreams?
Well he is and the reasons why just keep piling up.

Its no secret to anyone who knows me well that I have pretty severe anxiety which has no topic or situation discrimination. This is something that is well controlled without medication but I have a tendency to loose it completely sometimes.

We all know that Christmas is a trying time for even some of the most sane people.

And then theres the people like me.

The hustle and bustle of Christmas starts to wear on me quickly and usually by about the 15th of December(thats today) Im avoiding all retail stores completely.

Oliver is a master Christmas shopper and buying just the right gifts for people makes him almost giddy. So does the word "SALE". The man has basically taken over Christmas shopping this year for everyone. I actually went into the closet yesterday to pull everything out and take inventory of what we have because I cant keep up with everything hes bringing home.



As I pulled out shopping bag after shopping bag and my list got longer and longer, I kept having to turn and ask Oliver what toys went to which kid. That is, until I couldnt see him anymore because the gifts between us were piled so high and I started to have to yell over the pile of bags and gifts.

I know hes not done which is scary. The scary part is actually that both of us hate wrapping gifts and theres soooo many to be wrapped. Im hopefully going to start this weekend with the wrapping and spread it out over a week so I dont get burnt out too fast.

Hes asked me to keep him out of the stores because as we get closer to Christmas and things start getting marked down.... well he cant help himself. Short of hiding his keys, freezing his debit card in a block of ice, and chaining him to a radiator, theres no way to stop that man from doing whatever he wants.

So hows your shopping going?

1 comments:

Stopping by from SITS. A new tattoo for Christmas sounds fabulous!
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...