Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Monday, December 6, 2010

Snowed In



Thats libtrally how I felt this morning. I had to put my boots on, walk around the house, and shovel off the deck just to get the screen door open to let the dogs out(who were enthusiastically doing the "pee-pee" dance). I couldnt even see the tree line 50 feet behind our house this morning.

By about 2pm Oliver insisted that we venture out to buy new snow gear.
What was reinforced today is that I have huge calves. I mean really, its ridiculous. Its too many years of skating and hockey playing. I have muscular calf muscles. I'm ok with it. Unfortunately boot manufactures dont cater to that.
I tried on every pair of tall boots in the store we were in and I finally found ONE pair that was big enough around the calf that I could tuck my jeans in. I hate having wet jeans in the winter.
Nevermind the boots are brown and I only own a black pea coat.
I also bought a hat which already has improved my life drastically.

Oliver surprised me Saturday night by bringing me home some flowers. Im not a HUGE fan of flowers. Id almost rather get some good coffee or something but it had lilies in it and I love pretty much all lilies. So in connection with Lillie's he took me to The Crux to visit his friend Carissa and get a price quote on a Tiger Lily tattoo tonight.

I go back Thursday to get it drawn up.

We heaeded over to The Sand Bar to watch Jeopardy and play Keno to win my tattoo.
It didnt work.

We braved the weather for a night out because like Oliver told his mom "When the kids are gone we just want to have fun together."

Lake effect snow is kicking my ass. This is nothing like living in the city but this is fun.
Jeopardy, PBR, crappy movies.
Its a slow process but me and my new found warm(not fashionable) boots are learning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...