Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good Morning Wildlife!

I woke up today to some bright sunshine streaming through the window next to my bed. For some reason its the one window in the house missing a curtain and it points East so the morning sun comes right in.
I cant say Im always pleased with this.

Anyways, I rolled out of bed and padded down the stairs in my pajamas and headed straight for my coffeepot to turn it on. I wandered around the kitchen for a few minutes spying all the dishes that need to be done and the bottles from various types of Michigan Microbrews that need to be collected and recycled.

I mentally threw my hands in the air at the thought of cleaning and headed to the livingroom to drill JD on why he thought he was soooooo sick today he should stay home(ok he had a temp and a cough and a gullible dad).

Thats when I saw it.

A dead mouse in the middle of the diningroom floor.
It was tiny.
And a little bit cute even though it was dead.
But it was still dead.
And in the middle of the floor waiting to scare the BEJEESUS out of me.

Mission successful little mouse.

I ran up the stairs and pounced onto Oliver in bed and just about shrieked "THERES A DEAD MOUSE IN THE DININGROOM!"
He opened one eye, stired a little, and said "Yeah I saw the kitten with it this morning. When I tried to get it the cat ran off." Then he closed his eye and added "Have JD pick it up. Its his cat."

Ugh!

So I ran halfway down the stairs to the landing and yelled for JD to PUH-LEASE dispose of the mouse. Once he picked it up(by the tail) and headed out of the room I came down and stared at the spot where the mouse had been.

I mummbled something to myself about "gross rodent germs" and ran for the kitchen to get some cleaner, papertowel, and gloves. I proceeded to spend 5 minutes spraying, scrubbing and respraying that spot on the floor until I was convinced it was clean.

There are some moments in life that I know have just given me another grey hair. When I see JR try to fly down the stairs head first, when Oliver and C crash through the pasture fence on the snowmobile, and dead animals in my diningroom.

I really am sorry little mouse. You were cute but you scared me. I just wish this could have waited until I had at least one cup of coffee in me this morning.

1 comments:

That stinks...I would have freaked too.
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...