Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My dad was right...

I need to remember to call him and thank him for not smothering us to death when we were home on school breaks.
I dont mean smothering in a cute hugs and kisses kind of way.

I mean literally, holding a pillow over our heads until we stopped breathing.

I know how he was feeling now and Im pleasently surprised we lived to be adults.

But do you know what tomorrow is?

Its Monday. Back to school day!!
Even Oliver starts school tomorrow.

And do you know what this means?
HOURS ALONE! Just me! Alone! Doing all the things I need to do! With no distraction!

Do you know what else tomorrow is?
Etsy Launch Day!

And do you know what THAT means?
The begining of shameless self promotion by ME!

I know youre all in front of your computers doing your happy dances just like I am.
And Id really appreciate video of said dance.

Oliver is tearing apart the house looking for his copy of From Freedome to Fascim and making frustrated noises. I should probably be helpful, or seem concerned, or something...

1 comments:

Ha this reminds me of the scene in Sex & the City 2 where Charlotte confesses to Miranda that the first thing she thought of when she worried about her husband having an affair with the nanny was, "I can't lose the nanny!"

We all love our families and kids and etc. but sometimes we need time for ourselves and our sanity!
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...