Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lost in Laundry


I just climbed over 2 mountains of laundry(one clean, one dirty) to bring you this blog post. I, quite frankly, am exhausted.

There are 6 of us here. I do the laundry...6 peoples worth of laundry. I mean in a given week I can barely get my own laundry washed and put away let alone 5 other peoples laundry. Im working on something like load 5 or so and there is no end in sight. Ive collected the laundry out of the hall closet(A and JDs spot for dirty clothes), off the bathroom floor, and off the laundry room floor. I havent even gotten to picking up laundry in the boys rooms, or off mine and Olivers floor. Ive washed stray blankets, and towels. Ive piled the couch full of clean clothes. Ive hauled baskets up and down the stairs, back and forth through the house.

Ugh.

A and JD are supposed to be learning to put their own laundry away but it usually ends up stashed in some corner of the closet, under a dresser or bed, or thrown onto a shelf someplace. Putting their own laundry away was supposed to help remedy the whine I hear every single morning... "I cant find any pants/sock/underware..." It wasnt worked so far. I guess its hard to locate your pants/sock/underware when its wadded in the corner of the closet or under the bed.

*eye roll*

C will put away his laundry as long as you show him was drawers it goes in which is getting there.... I fully expect him to be able to put away his own laundry within the next year. Which he of course will not do but will throw it into a corner or under something just like A and JD.

Le Sigh

So here I sit amid piles of laundry, fighting off the last bit of a ridiculous head cold, And Ive completely given up.
Im watching football and drinking a beer, resting an elbow on a pile of jeans and my leg on a basket of shirts. Im on laundry strike...

Which is unfortunate becuase I still dont have any clean underware.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...