Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Art of Cold E-Mailing

Let me just start by saying, I have no idea what the art of "Cold E-Mailing" is but I intend to find out.

And frankly, the idea of it makes my hands clammy, my forehead sweaty, and my vision a little blurry.

But I need a job. More than that even, I WANT a job. I WANT to get out, interact with people, network.

Oh yeah, and Im terrified of being impoverished.

So here is the problem:
I live in a resort town. It booms in the summer. Its dead in the winter.

Its winter.

This does not bode well for the current job market.

I WANT a nice entry level position working at the front desk at your resort, behind the counter at your kitchy shop downtown, SOMETHING where I get face-time with PEOPLE. I dont need full time. I dont need benefits. I just NEED to get out of the house and hopefully bring home some money while Im at it.

So Im resorting to cold e-mailing because well.... theres no one actually at these resorts. Some of them arnt even open for the season yet.
Hopefully I can portray my sparkling personality in a cold e-mail and actually get SOMEONE to call me.
I get the distinct feeling that writing personal sounding e-mails(that dont make me sound like a complete tool) to so many places is going to occupy my time for the next 48 hours.

Desperate times call for desperate measures people.

Cold e-mailing, also known as "thinly veiled begging".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...