Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas is about surprises!



We came home from our Christmas party last night to find that our lovely lab Wilson had eaten ALL the chocolate for the boys stockings.
A whole bag of York Peppermint Patties, and a bag of Hershey Kisses. Wrappers and all.

So In addition to waking my panicked father up with a phone call(to see how much chocolate would kill a chocolate lab, oh the irony), Oliver had to go out and find a 24 hour gas station on Christmas Eve to buy overpriced candy to fill the stockings.

We also may be finding an emergency vet tomorrow when all those wrappers try to find their way through his digestive tract unsuccessfully.

Merry Christmas Boys and Girls.
The kids open their gifts this evening!

3 comments:

Haha this made me laugh. Animals do the craziest things! In middle school, my family's black lab ate an entire box of chocolate bars that I was supposed to sell for a school fundraiser (wrappers and all, and some of the cardboard box!). Oddly, he was totally fine, but my mom was totally mad because she had to pay for the entire box. But I think I sold the most that year!

Also, I laughed out loud at "how much chocolate to kill a chocolate lab."
 
Aww poor doggie! My cat always gets into food! I think he gets a joy out of seeing me panic!
 
Oh my goodness! I hope your dog is alright...that's a lot of chocolate!

Whitney
 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...