Green Acres Bliss

In The Country No One Can Hear My Screams

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The joys of lake effect snow


(the view from our deck at daybreak)

Lake Effect Snow is something Im learning the meaning of now that the lake is 2 miles away.
In all fairness, its settled over all over west Michigan and our 35 mile drive into Grand Rapids today took us almost 90 minutes with all the slow driving and traffic backups.
This is Michigan folks.
It snows every single year... for like half the year almost.
Why so many slideoffs and accidents?
You drive in this every year.

I have to head back to Grand Rapids in a few hours and you can bet Im not looking forward to it.



My trusty rusty Volvo wagon(yeah its amazing how hip I am) is rear wheel drive and Oliver made such a big deal about my back end slipping out from under me on the highway I was practically white knuckled all the way to town.
We didnt die....
I will punch Oliver for causing me so much anxiety.

But all this snow has made me consider going to the basement in search of Christmas decorations. Oliver says we are going to cut down our tree tomorrow.
Cut.down.a.tree.
Ive never done this. It will be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...